The new CharpyCool is a mechanically refrigerated bench top bath that eliminates the need for costly consumables such as liquid nitrogen or dry ice. Compact and completely self-contained, the CharpyCool offers up to 8 liters of working fluid volume enabling up to 91 Charpy impact test specimens to be accommodated at temperatures between -80°C and +30°C. A powerful variable speed magnetic stirrer and vortex breaker provide excellent temperature uniformity and stability enabling superior results. PID control enables the CharpyCool to sustain precise temperature control to within ± 0.1°C. The CharpyCool includes a digital temperature display, and an optional Charpy Rack is available which allows multiple-specimen loading and easy access to monitor your testing.
- Mechanically refrigerated
- Temperature control range of -80° to 30°C
- Built-in magnetic stirrer and vortex breaker.
- Liquid medium enhances temperature stability and uniformity.
- Available with 4-liter or 8-liter baths and charpy racks.
- Eliminates costs and hazards associated with expendable refrigerants.
- Allows for the testing of different materials at a wide range of temperatures.
- Maintains isothermal bath conditions.
- Exceeds ASTM-E23 temperature stability requirements.
- Allows for a capacity of 65 or 91 specimens.
|Heat Removal : (watts/BTU's)|| || |
330 / 1126
274 / 935
350 / 1195
290 / 990
300 / 1023
249 / 850
280 / 956
232 / 792
205 / 853
207 / 706
|-80C||60 / 205||49 / 167|
|Standard Digital Control|
-80C to +30C
|Bath Volume||4 Liters||8 Liters|
|Chamber Dimensions: (Dia x Depth above stirrer assembly)|
6.5 x 7.25"
7.75 x 9"
16.5 x 18.4 cm
19.7 x 22.9 cm
|Equipment Dimensions: (W x D x H)|
|inches||13 x 25.5 x 19"|
|cm||33 x 64.8 x 48.3 cm|
| Charpy Racks|
Facilitates the transfer of specimens to testing machines.
Max # of Specimens
|Vortex Breakers|| || |
| ||Diffuser Assy Vortex, 4L|
Diffuser Assy Vortex, 8L